Comfort food, at its very best – the American macaroni and cheese, or Mac’n’Cheese, as it is commonly called, is a dream of a pasta dish with lots of cheese.
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! 😊
You will need:
- 1 pack bacon, chopped into pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 100 grams shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1 pack cream cheese
- 200 grams pasta, cooked and drained
- Place chopped bacon in a large pan over medium heat. Cook until browned and crispy. Remove bacon and place on a paper towel-lined plate, and set aside.
- Add butter and heat until melted. Once the butter has melted, add flour and whisk until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Add milk and spices, stir well and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat, bring to a simmer, and frequently stir until the mixture is thickened.
- Reduce heat to low and add cheese. Stir until cheeses are melted, and the mixture is smooth.
- Add cooked, drained pasta noodles and bacon and stir until well coated with the sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!