Combining three all-time favorite ingredients, this creamy bacon mac and cheese recipe is a quick and easy dinner that can get on the table in less than 30 minutes.
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and easy to find at the local shops. And the recipe is so simple to make but the taste is rich, creamy, cheesy, and absolutely loaded with flavor.
If you have tried this recipe or any other recipe on my blog, please don’t forget to rate the recipe and let me know how you got on in the comments below. I love hearing from you! 😊
Pin me on Pinterest!
For 4 servings, you will need:
- 400 grams macaroni, uncooked
- 150 – 300 grams bacon, diced
- 25 grams butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 600 ml milk (I used whole milk)
- 100 grams mozzarella
- 100 grams cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp fine nutmeg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions or until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, fry diced bacon until crispy. Drain bacon, reserving a few tablespoons of grease.
- Using the same pan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour and cook for one minute. Slowly whisk in the milk until your sauce is smooth. Let the mixture simmer for 4 to 5 minutes and occasionally stir until the sauce has thickened.
- Lower the heat and add then cheeses, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Stir and allow to cook for a few minutes until the cheese is fully melted.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce and stir until coated. If the sauce is too thick, add some of the pasta cooking water.
- Serve in bowls or a plate and top with some freshly torn parsley leaves. Enjoy!